Pages

Friday 20 September 2019

Switzer Home Visit

Hello, I’m Mia Strong. On Thursday 19.9.19 I went to a Switzer home visit to read and ask questions to residents of the Switzer home. Lots of them were very friendly but when I got there I was a bit nervous because I didn’t really know who to introduce myself to and how to introduce what I’m doing.

So, with the first resident, I questioned and read to, it was a bit awkward. But over time I got better. I made two t-shirts out of paper and gave them to two residents and they really liked it. One resident called Georgina told me a lot about her childhood and how she really misses her grandfather.
 One called Meg told me about how she had ten siblings, and another resident, (I don't remember her name) she was a bit deaf but she told me that she used to do lots of chores and she was popular at school. It was a fun experience but to be honest, it was a bit boring and I might do it again but not so soon. 

One thing I really enjoyed was just listening to the resident's past life and seeing how it was in the olden days.

No comments:

Post a Comment