Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Anzac day poster!


W.A.L.T Discover about Anzac day and then create a poster about it. Here's my poster!
For reading today we had to watch a video about Anzac day and then to create a poster about Anzac day and what we learnt. On this poster I have explained what Anzac day is, why its celebrated, and some background info about it and I also added some photos.
I have learnt a lot about Anzac day this week and I would love to learn so much more about the Anzac's, as I feel like they're our hero's.
I found out today from my Mum that many people bake Anzac cookies on April 25th. This is because these biscuits were sent by wives, mothers and women's groups to soldiers overseas because the ingredients in them do not spoil easily and the biscuits keep well during the long boat journey to our brave soldiers.
Have you ever tried baking Anzac cookies? How do you celebrate Anzac day?

2 comments:

  1. I also find learning about the ANZAC soldiers interesting as I love history. I can see you now understand the meaning behind why the ANZAC biscuits were made and great to see you accessing expertise in the family to build your knowledge. Maybe you will become the expert ANZAC cookie baker. We stood at the bottom of our driveaway and saw lots of lights as other people along the road did the same at 6.00am on the 25th April and remembered our solidiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora,
      Thank you for your comment Ms Hancock :)
      My mum said we can make the Anzac cookies again for the next bake sale at the school gala or any other fundraising at school.
      Nga mihi

      Delete