Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2020

Zentangle Art

W.A.L.T draw Zentangle Art


For the past week, Tui Whanau have been doing Zentangle Art. This is my Art ------>

Here is some steps of how I did it.


How I did this:

Step 1: First I traced a sea animal


Step 2: I then did some Zentangle designs on my animal, don't make your designs to small!


Step 3: Then go over your Zentangle art in Vivid.


Step 4: Cut your art out


Step 5: Get a piece of paper and you can dye and design your background whatever you want!


Step 6: Wait for your background to dry


Step 7: Once your art is dried, you can then glue your art on your dyed paper.




What I enjoyed most about creating my art was... dying the paper, it was satisfying and fun to do! I loved exploring different colours and things I can do. With my dyed art, when I was done I did little splashes of different colours on each colour. It gave this really cool blending sort of effect.


What I found most challenging was... doing my Zentangle art. Most people were at step 3, while I was still doing my art in pencil. I also found doing the vivid hard cause I made some small designs so it was hard to go over them and still make it look good. I did enjoy the process still and I think I did OK.


Have you ever heard of Zentangle art (Before this)? If you had would you like to do art on it? If you followed the steps I gave you, and make you own art, what colour would you use for your background?

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am Joan from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked your art
    I learnt that there is such this as Zentangle art
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora, Joan! I'm Mia from Kaingaroa School. I am very glad that you like my art and now know that Zentangle art is a thing. I will for sure check out your blog, and thank you for linking it!

      Mai Mia.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mia!
    I like how you put the steps in order like Step 1, Step 2 and so on. I also like the splashes of colour, to me it is a nice effect. I love all your patterns, they were so different to mine. I enjoyed this post alot. Good work Mia!
    -Frances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora, Frances! Thank you for liking my patterns and the effect I did with the splashes. I tried my best to get alright patterns and make the background pleasing.
      Thank you for commenting on my blog.

      From Mia.

      Delete
  3. Buenos Dias Mia, my name is Nora and I am a student in Manukau at Waikowhai Primary. I liked the way you used different pattern designs on your sea horse. I especially liked the part where you used cold colours for your background, I think it looked very nice. Were you guys allowed to colour in your sea animal? Next time maybe you should add a short clip of you doing your work.
    Thanks for showing your art it was great, Visit me at my blog at https://wpsnorat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete