Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Matariki Stars

W.A.L.T create a blog post explaining art we did last week.

For Art last week, we had to create a Matariki star to represent the Matariki stars (Seven sisters). 
Here is my Matariki star:


















Here's how we created it:

1. Using A3 paper, trace 2 small stars, and two big stars.

2. Draw some Moari patterns on the stars.

3. Colour the stars using felts, pastels, or pencils.

4. Glue your 4 stars together and then glue the whole star onto a black paper.

4. With the black paper, trace around the star using a pencil, creating a black border around it.

5. Cut around the star with the black paper.


Reflection on what I enjoyed.
I enjoyed drawing and designing the Moari patterns, then colouring in the design. I enjoyed this because it was oddly satisfying and I could be creative.
My favourite part was colouring in, though it took the longest, it was still really fun.
I think I could definitely improve on the border, it was uneven and wasn't cut that well.

Have you ever done Matariki art?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Mia! Nice blog post. I love the details on the star and the punctuation in your writing including the steps of how to make it. I have done Matariki art thank you for asking any way keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete