Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2020

Kiwi Can

 W.A.L.T upload a blog post showing what we learnt in Kiwi Can.

Today our class, Tui Whanau, had Kiwi Can. Our word we are focusing on is 'Respect'. It means 'Treating others the way you want to be treated'. Our catchphrase today is 'We respect our school, we will do it because we're cool'. We played 2 games - Snap, Crackle, Pop and So Makalo. My favourite game was Snap, crackle, pop. How we played was we were in a circle and three people had to get in a group, once you've gotten in a group of 3, you need to put someone in the middle of the circle everyone is in. (We used a shoe). We then had to decide what person would be called Snap, Crackle, Pop, I was called Crackle, Desiree was called Snap and Sofia was called Pop. Once you've decided the names, someone will called out Snap, Crackle or Pop. If they call out Pop, that means Pop has to run around the circle. While the person that got called out is running, the two other people have to make a tunnel for the person running to go under. Once the person running has came back to their group, they have to go under the tunnel the two other people made, and grab what ever is in the middle. If they grab it, their group wins. Here is a photo (We were playing So, ma, co, lo).




Reflection:

How did I show respect?
When I was playing Snap, Crackle, Pop. Someone fell over while I was running and I asked them if they were ok. If my teammate lost, I didn't get mad at them.

What did I enjoy?
I enjoyed playing the games because they were fun and entertaining to play, I'd like to play the games again.

What could I improve on?
I think I could improve on sliding on the ground in Snap, Crackle, Pop because I got hurt once and I'd like to improve so next time I have a better chance of snatching the object.

Have you ever played been to Kiwi Can?

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am Kharn from St Mary’s School.
    I really like your catchphrase respect our school, we will do it because we're cool
    really good I like that you are respecting the school and others
    Maybe you could tell us how to play So, ma, co, lo
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Kharn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia, I like how your writing is easy to follow and makes sense. Your photo is clear and is easy to see too. Yes, I have done kiwi can before and what did you like about kiwi can? Maybe next time you could make your question make sense. But any way keep the good work up.

    ReplyDelete