Pages

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Limerick poem

A few weeks ago, Tui Whanau created a Limerick poem about anything you wanted. My poem is about my dog TJ. How we created was that the first two lines have to be 8-10 syllables long and have to rhyme, and the the third and fourth lines have to be 4-6 syllables long and have to rhyme. Lastly the last two lines have to have 8-10 syllables but the last word on the last line has to rhyme with the first two lines.


"There once was a dog that was called TJ,
She liked to chillax in her PJ's.
She always loves to sleep,
While she chews on her meat.
And now she gets ready to DJ."

Reflection:

What did I enjoy?
I enjoyed decorating my poem because I love to draw and come up with things to draw.

What did I find challenging?
I found coming up with things to rhyme with challenging because I had so many ideas but I didn't know to pick.

What could I improve on?
I think I could improve on decorating my poem more but I ran out of time.

Do you have a dog?


1 comment: